Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'm a Mom of Twins and Proud of It

Two years ago if you had asked me if I would be sitting here right now rocking a little bundle of joy I'd have said "yeah probley". If you had asked me two years ago if I would be sitting here rocking TWO bundles of joy at the same time both feet working non-stop, I'd have said "You're Crazy." But here I am the mother of twins.

It is known to all twin mothers out there that they will get comments by other mom's who were not as lucky or priviledged as we are to have been blessed with two at the same time. However, to a mom who is pregnant with twins these comments can cause destress and anxity. I know, I went though it. Everyone told me I would need all the help I could get. That my life stops the day they are born. How are you going to handle two at the same time? How are going to put up with screaming non-stop? Did you know that marriages tend to break up with couples who have twins?

My answer then would have been "oh no, I'm scared what am I going to do." My answer today, 6 months after my identical twin girls were born, is very simple. Life doesn't end. It goes on and yeah maybe sometimes it is a little more work, double everything, but you also get more love. Love that you never ever ever had before and the love you feel for them and what they have. Best friends made already from birth. Yeah, don't get me wrong, it's hard and I know that I still have a lot of hard work to come. The funny thing is, I look forward to it everyday.

I guess the reason I wrote this is to let everyone out there who is pregnant with twins or more that you shouldn't take people seriously. My marrige is still as strong as ever. Yeah we've had our problems but I love him and he loves me and if you truly love each other nothing will split you up. Don't take life so seriously either. Live it and if you can't get something done that day it will wait till tomorrow. I never knew these things before I had my angels. Now I live my life. There is no schedule to life. It just goes by.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderfully put. For me, my pregnancy was filled with anxiety and doubt. Then the postpartum depression took over, and I believed all the nay-sayers. Now, my ID girls are almost 4 and my hubby and I will celebrate 10 years this fall. I wouldn't change a thing. It's part of who I am, and I can share my experience with others. But the bottom line is that we all have our own path, and I have learned that women/mothers have so much strength!

    Amber Lena
    www.TaoOfTwins.com

    ReplyDelete