Thursday, July 29, 2010

Rough roads...

There are so many challenges that come with being twin mama, and each stage or milestone brings a new one.  In the year that I have been talking and getting to know all you twin mamas,  and other twin mamas of Got Twins, I have heard many stories on how and when it gets easier.  Well I have a theory parenting and easy are like oil and water, no matter how hard you try they are not going together.  I thought the challenges of them being infants were hard, NO WAY do they even compare to the challenges of today!!!  Really the biggest challenge of the "survival year" was lack of sleep, now with them being toddlers (really did I just call them toddlers??? WOW time flies) things are just rough.  I get sleep, but they are all over getting into everything and destroying everything in their path.  The biggest challenge now is how to deal with it, how to make them be well behaved little cuties.  Frustration has been the emotion of the day, well the past few days, they are hitting, pinching, and just being a bit naughty, and I have no idea how to deal with it.  I do not want to spank them, and time outs are not even phasing them. *sigh*  I have no idea how they even learned to be such monsters and mean to each other, it just makes me sad to see them act so badly.  They can be sweet boys too, they do snuggle and love each other and mama too, and those are the moments that keep this mama going.  I know I can get through these phases just as I did when I was running on coffee and mama love when they were infants, I just see with my 11-year-old there are still such hard struggles to deal with and there is only one of him.  There have been long rough roads behind me and there are even rougher roads ahead, but the journey will be amazing and in the end I will always look back and say it was the hardest and most amazing trip of my life.  I can and will be the best mama I can possibly be!  This mama has three wonderful boys who try her patience and run her until she nearly drops, but she loves them with everything she has!

No comments:

Post a Comment