Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The long road

In December of 2008 I got the news that we would be expecting 2 babies instead of the one we had planned on. I spent the rest of my pregnancy trying to come to terms with this and on July 3rd, 2009 I delivered my beautiful twincesses Madison and Makenzie. Nothing I had experienced before could prepare me for the journey I was about to begin. After months of sleepless nights and crying for hours, me not the babies, I logged onto my computer searching for help. I was fortunate enough to come across Got Twins, a group of moms who are in all stages of twindom offering support to one another. Finally someone who understands, finally someone who has been there and most importantly finally someone who has survived which means I can too. When all of my friends hit the road because I was just too busy to hang out I always knew there would be someone I could relate to waiting on the other end of my computer. I have never met any of you in person but you are all now what I consider to be my greatest rock on stormy days. I know more about your family's, your children and your daily struggles than I do anyone in real life and I thank you all for being there in my darkest hours. I have survived the first year and am enjoying watching my little darlings morph into patience testing toddlers, and most importantly I am glad I have someone out there to appreciate when I post a bajillion pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment