Monday, September 20, 2010

Life isn't about finding yourself... life is about creating yourself.

Having children changes you....it changes you forever.

Sometimes you feel as if you lose yourself to being just a mom. Sometimes you feel as if your life revolves around all things children. And if you answer honestly, it usually does.

I love being a mom. I feel as if it was what I was meant to be doing with my life. I have my ups and downs in this occupation, but overall, I feel I do a darn good job. However, there was a point where I felt like, I'm just a mom.

And then, I realized. I'm still me. I found I was created into a new and improved version of myself:

I'm a nurturer. Every day I hug, love, hold, kiss and care for three little beings. I have been entrusted with their lives and I couldn't be more honored to be the one to love them.

I have patience in situations with my children that would make a grown man cry.

I'm strong. Physically and mentally I work day in and day out. I never call a sick day. I never take a vacation.

I can achieve my goals: I decided to run a half-marathon after having my twins and started training when they were 7 weeks old. When they were 7 months old I completed the Carlsbad Half-Marathon. I didn't walk an inch.

I'm beautiful: I was devastated by what I saw in the mirror after having my children. But now when I look at myself I appreciate what I see: I don't have a perfectly flat stomach, I have little lines around my eyes when I laugh. Things have changed but I see the admiration in my husband's eyes when he looks at me and I love hearing my four year old say: Mommy you look like a princess! How could I wish to look differently when the people I love the most think I'm beautiful?

So yes, I found, I'm a mom. Just a mom and I absolutely love it.





No comments:

Post a Comment