Thursday, September 23, 2010

Where has the time gone

This week back in September 2008 I was praying and hoping that this was the month that I would get pregnant. I was not ovulating so my doctor put me on 1 round of Clomid to see if it would make me ovulate and make my periods return to normal so we could get pregnant. I remember taking those pills and telling DH that the was an increased chance of multiples and we really did not want twins as we already had 2 children and this was to be our 3rd and last child, so we decided not to have sex this month just to be sure. Well in a very drunken state we forgot our pact, so as September came to an end I was sad thinking another month with a big fat negative. To our surprise that one night would change our lives forever. I can remember this September/October of that year so vividly and then it is all a blur.

Those 9 months seemed like the longest 9 months of my life. The last month of my pregnancy seemed like an eternity and 38 weeks would never ever get here but May 27, 2009 did arrive and it all began. Well here I am 16 months later and I cannot believe how fast time has gone by. Their second Thanksgiving is coming up, second Halloween, second Christmas is all fastly approaching and it feels like it should be their first holidays. It feel like when I wake up tomorrow it will be their 2nd birthdays already. This blog is a reminder to myself to slow things down, watch my little boys grow and not be so impatient for them to reach milestones.

No comments:

Post a Comment