Sunday, September 26, 2010

What I missed, love, and look forward to



Call me crazy, but I miss being pregnant. People treat you better. The bigger my belly got, the more doors were opened for me, strangers offered to carry my things, and I had a great excuse to take it easy.

My husband and I battled infertility for two years. I wanted a child more than anything and obsessed about it constantly. Month after month of testing early just in case this time it actually happened, followed by intense disappointment and anger that my body was inadequate. I had testing done, found out that I was hyper-ovulating and also had cysts on my ovaries. After taking clomid for four months, we were finally expecting. We learned it was twins at my 10 week appointment, and I don't think the shock has ever really gone away.

I can't say that I miss my life I had before the twins. Most days I cannot remember life without them, and I don't think I want to. They have brought so much joy and completeness into our lives.

What I love about our life as a family with multiples is the everyday feeling of being extraordinary. There is not much that intimidates us! We play, we travel, we seek out new adventures and the twins enhance every aspect our lives. They have strengthened our communication and teamwork as a married couple. Don't get me wrong, we have had our ups and downs, but we are better for the challenges we have endured together.

I really am looking forward to with our twins is the next stage in their development. My Kara and Kal-El will turn two in less then two months. Our friends have warned us about the "terrible twos" but we are ready for it! Temper tantrums, potty training, unyielding selfishness, and the constant discovery of the world around them-- its going to be exciting times!


1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT, wow they have gotten big, can't believe they are almost 2.

    ReplyDelete